DOG BOARDING PRICE RISE AS OF THE 1st AUGUST 2021 – THE REASONS WHY!
As of the 1st August 2021 we will have a price rise in our dog boarding prices, pool prices and out of hours fee. Our prices are rising due to COVID 19 having such an impact on our business, our competitors’ prices rising, everyday costs rising and the services we offer. We felt that many of our customers would want an explanation as to why our prices are rising. In the process of putting our prices up, we compared the services we offer with other kennels and cattery’s, as well as looking at their prices. We found that we were charging one of the lowest prices, yet we offer so much. Additionally, in October 2018 the new DEFRA licence came out, which meant in order to keep up with our high standards, we had to add even more into our services are facilities. In order to keep to our high standard, including being licensed, we now have to pay a much larger amount for this.
We found that many kennels charged extra for walking or exercise, certain foods as well as general medication and many other things.
COVID 19 has hit the animal industry very hard, and while we don’t want to upset any customers with a price rise, we need to do this in order to keep providing the best care possible for your pets.
Here are just a few reasons as to why we differ so much to other kennels, supporting why we are having a price rise.
- We DO NOT socialise dogs while they are staying with us. This is not only for their safety, but means they get 121 attention with the staff. No dogs leave site while boarding with us and no dogs are left unattended outside their kennel.
- We believe we have one of the highest qualified teams of staff in the area. Qualifications range from animal management, care, behaviour from level 2’s through to university degrees.
- We are happy to keep to ANY diet. Some kennels will not accept raw fed dogs or dogs on certain diets, however our massive freezer and fridges can cater to any of your pets dietary requirements! We also stock our own range of high quality food which we are happy to use – all included in the price!
- We are happy to administer medication, re bandage wounds, clean ears, and do pretty much anything to cater for your dog’s medical needs providing they feel comfortable letting us do so! Our management team are also happy to administer injections. We will not turn a dog away due to a medical problem, we will happily work through it with you!
- We accept ANY breed! Again, some kennels have restrictions on breeds. We do not at all, and will accept any dog who wants to board with us! We love all breeds, all sizes and all ages and will cater your dog’s board to them! If your dog is elderly, we ask for you to assess your dog’s health before boarding with us.
- We also include daily exercise within our price, so you DO NOT have to pay extra to have your dog walked! All our exercise facilities are filled with toys, agility equipment and we now have our new sensory garden in our on lead area for your dogs!
- We have the largest Hydrotherapy pool in the South of England that you can book your dog in to swim while they board with us! This is a very popular service which is a fantastic way to mentally and physically enrich your dogs. We also have a qualified hydrotherapist who works alongside us, who would be happy to discuss medical swim sessions with you!
- We are happy to take dogs with behavioural problems! We have had many customers be turned away from other kennels due to their dog having behavioural problems or being reactive, but with qualified staff here as well as a qualified trainer/behaviourist, we are happy to work alongside you and your dog to ensure they can board with us and are happy doing so! We are also a well-known Kennels for taking dogs that suffer from behavioural problems and are reactive towards other dogs or people, therefor being guaranteed a walk and play alone away from other dogs benefits them.
- We use award winning cleaning products to ensure that all the animals have the cleanest possible kennels/pens, which we clean daily to the highest possible standard!
We understand that some of these differences between us and other kennels do not affect all of our customers, but due to COVID 19 this year we have been affected like all businesses, and therefor in order to continue providing better care for your pets every day, we need to raise our prices.